Wherein Susan B. Bentley is “The Coach” and the Coachee/Client is “You”.
The Coach’s Commitment:
- The Coach will provide the coaching Sessions.
- The Coach will provide coaching that is a professional client relationship designed to facilitate the creation and development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for moving towards those goals.
- Emails/Voxer messages are welcome between sessions (excluding Blitz/Voxer for a Day sessions) if you would like to share a success, have urgent questions or an issue.
- The Coach will:
- Be non-judgmental, objective and present throughout.
- Have complete focus on You and Your agenda, without distractions.
- Encourage and challenge You to reach full potential.
- Support You during their development.
- Ensure location of sessions is private & conducive (or Zoom location is private and conducive)
- Observe confidentiality of all discussions unless there is a potential for, or a risk to yourself, others or the law
- Agree with You when an issue cannot be dealt with through this coaching agreement.
- Keep all records securely during the process.
- You agree to pay the Coach the Fees as set out via Calendly/Stripe payment for Blitz session/Voxer for a Day or via Invoice payment for all other coaching programmes.
- You agree to call or meet the Coach at the specified times.
- You agree to be honest and open, to believe in yourself and to adopt an enthusiastic and positive outlook on life from this moment onwards. You are truly committed to change and agree to take responsibility for your life, choices and actions.
- You will:
- Recognise the coaching process is an investment in your development.
- Come to the coaching partnership with curiosity, openness, and a willingness to be honest with Yourself and with the Coach.
- Determine Your goals and priorities.
- Be willing to embrace necessary change to aid attainment of a goal.
- Be prepared to take on board feedback You receive.
- Be fully present for each coaching session.
- Be open to challenges to Your thoughts, ideas, working practices
- Commit to the principles of coaching to aid Your development.
- To give at least 48 hours notice by email/Calendly if unable to attend a coaching session.
- You enter into this Agreement with the full understanding that You are solely responsible for creating your own results. You understand that achieving your goals (in whole or part) cannot be guaranteed and no warranties are given.
- You are aware that coaching is not counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis or any other form of mental health care treatment or therapy, nor is it to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, medical, financial, business or other qualified professionals.
- If appropriate, You will seek independent professional guidance in the areas indicated above and You understand that all decisions and actions in these areas are Your sole responsibility.
- The Session agenda belongs to You. If the Session is not heading in the direction you would like, if the Coach ever says anything you don’t feel comfortable with or if You have a concern with the way the Sessions are proceeding You will let the Coach know immediately.
Ethics and Confidentiality:
- The Coach is a Full Member of the Association for Coaching and an EMCC Accredited Team Coach at Foundation Level and follows the Global Code of Ethics that both the Association for Coaching and the European Mentoring and Coaching Council are signatories for: https://www.associationforcoaching.com/page/AboutCodeEthics
- Any notes the Coach makes during the Session or about You are kept confidential and stored securely.
- The Coach will not use or disclose the information You share with them during Your Sessions, except as authorised by You or as required by law and the Association for Coaching’s confidentiality guidelines: https://www.associationforcoaching.com/page/AboutCodeEthics.
- You understand that on occasion the Coach may anonymously share generalised information for training, supervision or consultation purposes with other Coaching professionals. Your identity and any information that could lead to Your identification will remain entirely confidential.
- The Session may be refused if payment has not been made as required by this Agreement.
- Where it is necessary for either You or the Coach to reschedule a Session this will be done by phone, email or Calendly at least 48 hours before the scheduled Session.
- You will be charged for missed Sessions which are not rescheduled in accordance with this agreement, except in exceptional circumstances (at the Coach’s discretion).
- If You are late for a Session, the Session will complete at the scheduled time.
- For all coaching programmes paid by invoice, You or the Coach may cancel this Agreement in writing (by email), giving at least 7 working days’ notice. In the event that you owe money to the Coach at the time of cancellation, full payment will become due at the time of cancellation.
- In the unlikely event that this Agreement is cancelled before all the Sessions You have paid for have been provided the Coach will refund you for any Sessions you have paid for but which the Coach has not provided.
- The Coach is insured for Professional Indemnity and Public Liability (certificates upon request).
- Except as expressly set out in this Agreement the Coach will have no liability to You. This Agreement reflects the entire agreement and understanding between You and the Coach regarding the matters in this Agreement.
For the coaching to be as successful as possible:
- Your intent to change and desire for change will be serious.
- You are ready to work and receive feedback. You are willing to try new ways of learning, be honest and open, keep to your commitments and inform your coach immediately when things are not working for you.
- You are willing to explore, challenge and change thoughts, feelings and actions that you recognise as self-defeating.
- You understand your coach will be focused on you and your best interests as a whole, not just your goals.
- You are willing to give the coach the benefit of the doubt and wholeheartedly try new concepts or different ways of doing/approaching things.
- You recognise the value and worth of yourself and the investment you are making in your personal development.
- You understand the need to plan the relationship ending in advance to allow for a degree of closure and wrap-up.
Want to find out more about coaching with me? Click to book a free consult with me.
Contact me below if you have any questions.